We all have that one flannel in our closet that we wish we could wear pretty much every day of the week. It’s trendy, comfy, and goes with just about anything. The best part about it is that it’s the perfect layering piece; you can wear it several different ways that completely change the look of your outfit.
1) Classically buttoned up. When you have little time to get ready in the morning, or you just feeling like throwing something on, grabbing your flannel and buttoning it up is the best way to go. Whether it’s with your favourite ripped jeans or your comfiest tights, buttoned up is easy and trendy.
2) Shirt to dress. The great thing about flannels is that they are usually made longer, and in most cases you end up buying a larger size so that it’s more versatile. That way you can change it up by wearing it as a dress and creating a whole new outfit. Add a belt to add shape or wearing it solo for a more casual fit.
3) Tied around your waist. Wrapping your flannel around your waist enhances any outfit. Whether it’s over jeans, skirts, or dresses it’s a simple way to add a stylish touch.
4) Underneath detailing. With the chilly season just around the corner, layer your flannel underneath a sweater or vest to keep warm. You can fold the ends of your flannel sleeves over the ends of your sweater sleeves or pull the collar of your flannel over your sweater for more detailing.
5) Tucked in. You can stay comfy and classy by tucking your flannel into one of your skirts or high-waisted pants. It’s a casual yet trendy look, especially if it’s paired with a pencil skirt and classic pumps.
No matter how you decide to wear it, a cozy flannel can really do no wrong!
Here’s to the perfect plaid!